- Boys in the Boat (Class of 2018) will screen locally at FilmFest DC on April 28. Read more.
- Bow With Me (Class of 2018) recently screened at the Green Mountain Film Festival (3/23), Golden State Film Festival (3/24), and Manhattan International Film Festival (3/25). Read more.
- New Documentary Center production, My Fugitive has received $100,000 in funding from both the Reva and David Logan Foundation as well as a matching grant from an anonymous donor. Read more
- Boys in the Boat (Class of 2018) selected for the Sprout Touring Film Festival and the International Sport Film Festival in Russia.
- AOC documentary Knock Down the House, co-produced by Institute alum Hermon Farahi, premieres at Sundance, wins Audience Award.
- Institute alums Brad Forder and Caitlin Carroll named D.C.'s Filmmakers of the Month.
Parables of War
Parables of War explores the intersection of art with the artist and the ways in which art can help bind the wounds of war -- both for the soldiers themselves and for those they left behind.
The Ballad of the Bering Strait
The Ballad of Bering Strait follows seven Russian teenagers who come to America to become country music stars. This true-life story witnesses the transformation of the band’s members as they wend the torturous path to fame that is littered with deals gone awry, unexpected personal sacrifice, hard-to-win audiences, and a revisioning of the American dream.